Recent Posts

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Motor Control / Re: Updated schematics for a BLDC motor controller
« Last post by paulosfjunior on December 30, 2013, 11:17:26 PM »
unable to start the engine, but it is very slow and do not want to use the potentiometer.

how do I increase the speed?

thank you
« Last post by ElectroNick on December 30, 2013, 10:20:46 PM »
Hi again, paulosfjunior,

I believe you should be able to see the CD-ROM motor turn using just the code attached to the first message here, this is it again: http://elabz.com/forums/motor-control/updated-schemnatics-for-a-bldc-motor-controller/?action=dlattach;attach=31

The LED part of the code is completely independent of the part that turns the motors, it should just work even if you simply don't connect the LED without changing anything in the code.

The transistors you use should be strong enough to make the CD-ROM motor turn. Double check that they are connected properly.  It's a pretty simple circuit, not much can go wrong as long as the parts are connected the right way.

Do you see your motor twitch or make any moves at all? 
« Last post by paulosfjunior on December 30, 2013, 09:56:05 AM »
I'm sorry, I'm Brazilian and not speak English very well :).

I am looking to start an engine CD-ROM,'m following this schematic attached in the first mesagem the topic, I would like the code to start the engine without using the LED.

I'm using an Arduino Uno R3, 3 pairs of transistors (TIP31 and TIP32), 1k resistors and diodes (following the diagram you posted), but I can not understand the code, I just want the code to drive the motor.

thank you
« Last post by ElectroNick on December 30, 2013, 08:33:04 AM »
Sorry, paulosfjunior, I don't think I understood the question: are you asking if the scheme and the code, posted in the first message in this thread, are working? Yes, you can make the CD spindle motor work this way, although I have later moved onto using a different circuit because I switched to HDD motors and needed much faster rotation.

Please give me more details about your application (what are you building?) and I hope I may be able to help you better. If you like, you can start a new thread especially for your project.

Cheers!

« Last post by paulosfjunior on December 30, 2013, 08:17:27 AM »
Hello, regarding the scheme posted the link of the engine through the transistors this correct?

the code needed to run the motor alone, without the LED, can you help me?

thank you ???
Post your projects / Re: Laser Scanning Display Project
« Last post by ElectroNick on November 13, 2013, 03:28:57 PM »
Looking at your last picture, I just had an idea - it may actually be beneficial to show empty lines as dimmer bands of light so that the eye can follow them on the wall and probably better pick up the actual characters on those lines. Perhaps not  as important if the picture is static, but if the text will be changing, and I hope to get to that point eventually, if may be easier to follow.  I don't know, gotta try though.

As far as specifics of green laser diodes (modules?) current - I haven't got one one yet but I would presume that there's not all that much difference between green and red, as in LEDs. (unlike between red and blue / UV - those have different voltage). I think it's just different drivers have different efficiencies. 

« Last post by Georg on November 13, 2013, 02:38:24 PM »

I got a new idea: to switch between different levels of volt. I addad 2 Ohm parallel to my circuit. I thought the laser may switch between dark and bright. As you see atleast something can be seen now... Also more dots after the other results in a brighter laser light. But is not really nice, because the lines in dark mode a still visible and the brightness of the dots is different.
Red laser is ordered ...
BTW: the 30mW green laser needs aprx 300mA - the 10mW red laser needs 35mA!! Strange - there must be a different physik behind it!
« Last post by ElectroNick on November 13, 2013, 01:03:40 PM »
Yeah, 10Hz isn't going to work for sure  :( I have a nice driver that does approx 10kHz (or in other words, 100µs pulses) - and even that was too slow, so I had to ditch the driver.

I would guess that if there's a capacitor in the driver's circuit, it's the culprit. Nevertheless, I would advise you to set the more expensive and harder to get green laser diode aside and play with reds first until you're absolutely confident about the circuit/hardware/software.
« Last post by Georg on November 13, 2013, 12:46:13 PM »
The circuit is working - I was irritated, because the green laser itself is too slow. I removed the module (by luck it was just a connector) and controlled directly the diode. Just to find out, that the green laser needs some time to start lighting. I estimate that the maximal frequency is aprx 10Hz.
I ordered also a stronger red laser. So I wait for that one!!
« Last post by Georg on November 12, 2013, 01:10:06 AM »
It is a laser module. I thought to use a separate powersupply for the Laser and to realize the separation from Arduino's 5V with the transistor circuit - so use the arduino only to control the base of the transisitor.
Do you see a mistake in the circuit?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
anything